The ProSafeT platform is the best-in-class Safety Management System (SMS) and ASAP platform that covers all business lines including scheduled service, charter operations, cargo operations, ground handling and MRO. ProSafeT includes safety, audit, and quality management processes in entirety with complete workflow and sharing of data, which allows for seamless interconnectivity between departments.The platform will allow submission of all Safety Reports as well as provide workflows for processing submissions, investigations, risk analysis, root cause analysis and safety assurance. The ProSafeT platform will also automate the ASAP program, from initial reporting to findings, corrective actions, ERC meetings and mitigation. For safety assurance, the platform will provide a process to validate the effectiveness of mitigations and track the methods by which hazards were found. The platform will also support the aviation organization's unique processes for functions, including Safety Risk Assessments, Audits, Investigations and Evaluations.
The ProSafeT's modular system will allow aviation organizations to monitor all safety concerns in a central location with real-time visibility of SMS data. The analytics dashboard provides visualization of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and real-time, actionable data. Automatic email alerts notify users of real-time, actionable data as well.
- Safety reporting, from initial creation of report to facilitation of associated meetings to address safety concerns with Corrective Actions and Recommendations
- Management of Audits, Evaluations, Investigations and Inspections that can be associated with respective Findings, Corrective Actions and Recommendations
- Safety Risk Assessment (SRA) management to identify, assess and mitigate operational and organizational risks
- Change management for easy identification of changes in key documents and safety manuals from version to version
- Seamless interconnectivity between all elements of the platform
- Reduce operational costs and increase regulatory and business compliance
- Reduce labor with automated operational processes and easy-to-access record keeping
- Improve airline safety by being able to proactively detect and fully address safety issues
- Streamline the entire SMS process
Additional Subject Information
The FAA published a final rule in 2015 that required Part 121 operators, including U.S.-based airlines, regional air carriers, and all cargo operators, to implement a Safety Management System(SMS) by March 2018. SMS is becoming a global standard in the aviation industry to improve aviation safety as organizations worldwide, such as ICAO and EASA, develop similar regulations. SMS provides a structured framework for decision-making with a process to collect and analyze safety data for increased operational insight. This insight will allow organizations to recognize that there are several opportunities to stop an accident and incorporate reactive, proactive and predictive thinking. SMS provides a systematic approach based on four key components, including safety policy, safety risk management, safety promotion, and safety assurance that guide organizations to define processes to improve safety performance.
A comprehensive SMS software solution can automate all safety processes to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the SMS. Airlines, regional air carriers and cargo operators should consider the following key features to procure and implement a holistic SMS software solution.
ICAO Safety Management Guidance
An organization should not adjust its operations to adapt to the SMS software. A robust SMS software solution should be configurable to adapt and support the organization's specific business rules and processes. It is important that the system can be configured to comply with global regulations such as FAA, ICAO and EASA. User-empowered configuration is also essential for organizations to have the ability to make any changes with minimal vendor support.
Data Analytics and Reports
The most significant part of automating SMS is utilizing the data for decision-making. A system with analytics and reporting capabilities will allow translation of SMS Data into insight that enables airlines to identify problems and make informed decisions for the future. This contributes to a strong safety culture and makes it easy for organizations to incorporate reactive, proactive and predictive thinking for accident prevention.
Limited licenses leads to limited results. Unlimited licenses allow all stakeholders to have reporting access. With everyone having the ability to report through the system, even the smallest safety issues will not slip through the cracks. This supports the safety promotion element of SMS. Additionally, this creates a more holistic view of every issue, allowing all details to be captured from every perspective, and promoting the safety culture of the organization.
- Launch Investigations and SRAs directly from safety reports/events
- Link safety reports to investigations and SRAs to eliminate duplication of efforts and increase organizational transparency
- Associate Corrective Actions, Findings and Recommendations easily and perform risk assessment at every stage
- Consolidate entire SMS process in one system
- Disparate data storage and poor data sharing
- Difficulty closing the loop on corrective actions and deploying an effective mitigation strategy
- Unable to tie relevant safety information together
- Lack of trend-analysis for different departments
- Time-consuming process for generating reports